Upon satisfactorily completion of the TRAINING FOR ELECTION COMMISSIONERS please email the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org by taking a screen shot or printing certificate out. You can also mail it to Union Parish Clerk of Court, 100 East Bayou Street, Suite 105, Farmerville, Louisiana 71241
A training course of instruction for NEW ELECTION COMMISSIONERS for Union Parish will be held virtually as follows:
Two Options for Training:
1.) Come by the Union Parish Clerk of Court’s Office located at 100 East Bayou Suite 105, Farmerville, Louisiana 71241 first by making an appointment by calling (318) 368-3055 extension: 205
2.) Go to www.upclerk.com
a. Go to the election department
b. Click on the link: NEW COMMISSIONER TRAINING FOR ELECTION COMMISSIONERS
c. Follow the instructions until complete
d. Take a screen shot of test results
e. Send results to email@example.com
To serve as a Certified Commissioner one must be the following:
- a qualified voter who is not entitled to assistance in voting;
- shall not be a candidate for public office in the election;
- shall not be a child, brother, sister, parent or spouse of a candidate for election to public office in the precinct in which he serves;
- shall not have been convicted of an election offense;
- have attended a course of instruction for commissioners;
- shall not be a law enforcement officer.
If you complete this training, your name will be placed on the roster of Certified Commissioners from which Commissioners are drawn to serve in each election. The pay for Commissioners for each election if $200.00.
If you have ever considered working as a Commissioner, please attend this training and become a Certified Commissioner.
If you complete this training you will be certified through June, 2024 and will not have to attend another re-certification school before that date.
THIS IS FOR NEW COMMISSIONERS ONLY!
The Clerk of Court is the chief election official for the parish. The Clerk is the custodian of the voting machines and trains the persons who work at the polls on election day. Anyone interested in becoming a commissioner should contact the Clerk of Court. Election returns can be viewed at www.sos.louisiana.gov or www.geauxvote.com. Click on Elections and then select Elections Returns Database. You can view statewide races, parish returns and amendments.
New Election Commissioners are always needed or if you would like a refresher course please visit this election day training videos below:
- Election Day Training Video Part 1: Introduction
- Election Day Training Video Part 2: Verification
- Election Day Training Video Part 3: Pre-election Set Up
- Election Day Training Video Part 4: Election Day Voting
- Election Day Training Video Part 5: Closing the Polls
- Election Day Training Video Part 6: Provisional Voting
- NEW COMMISSIONERS-IN-CHARGE TRAINING
- Provisional Federal Elections Training